Unlock your brain’s full potential with Dr. Bruce Lipton

May 1st, 2016 by Avital Benedek

Time and time again, popular rhetoric tells us we only use 10% of our brain. In Dr. Bruce Liptons’ video newsletter, he focuses on addressing this “urban myth.” As he explains, one of the first, foundational studies of the brain’s full potential revealed that neurons composed only 10% of the brain, while the remainder was composed of glial cells. The remainder 90% was considered merely just supportive tissue.

This concept of limited brain function all comes down to a misunderstanding and initial lack of research. As decades passed and studies abounded, it became clear that glial cells have more of a function than just support for neurons. It turned out that these cells were functioning, active cells. Lipton provides a beautiful analogy to help understand the role of glial cells:

“…neurons are nouns in a sentence, and the glial cells are the verbs, adjectives, adverbs, modifiers of all the nouns…[T]he glial cells complete the fulfillment of a picture. so neurons are like a stick figure and when you had the glial cells you fill out the entire picture of the human.”

What Lipton makes clear, however, is that we form habitual pathways in our brain’s programming through our habits and patterns in our acted out lives. So while we have access to 100% use of our brain, we still generally do not utilize its full potential. In order to do so, we need to focus on “whole brain” activities.  Lipton will be one of the speakers at the World Wide Transformational Summit. Sign up now and you will get to learn from Lipton about the full potential of your brain and how to unlock your own potential.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *